August 5, 2011

Murky water

It seems that my blog posts come in spurts. Lately I have had so much rolling around in my head; there have been no words to express my feelings.

I have been a little unsure about the specifics of our adoption. Questions have been running through my mind. Is Ethiopia where we should be adopting? Is our agency the right one for us? Should we change the parameters for the child we are waiting for?

To be honest, I am not sure where these questions are coming from. There is uncertainty with any adoption, but it seems like there is ALOT with ours. The wait list seems to be getting longer which is obviously frustrating. And I seem to have this “feeling” that maybe we are not thinking about all options when considering our child.

I am thankful for a God who knows the plans He has for us. I am grateful that He knows our child and already has the details worked out. However, it does not change my lack of confidence in areas of our adoption process. I try to trust, but want to be sure that we are hearing His call and are attentive to His direction.

If you think of us and our adoption, say a little prayer. We can always use them :)
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jer 29:11
Photobucket

1 comment:

Aaron said...

Hey, Girl. I have had lots of adoption stuff on my mind, too. Give me a call if you'd like to hash some things out. You may not feel like talking which is fine! If you want to, my cell is 513-6217. Either way, I'll be praying for you.