June 27, 2011

The perfect snack, or lunch?

As I was looking in the refrigerator for lunch ideas, I came to the conclusion that we had nothing. Well, I guess that is not entirely true. There is food in the refrigerator, but all things that need to be prepared. And at 11:15am, my kids were ready to eat THEN (yes, when you have kids, lunch time gets moved up considerably). So, I decided we were going to have popcorn, blueberries, and peaches. Probably not the healthiest lunch, but it is better than you think.

We have found the BEST way to make popcorn that is healthy AND tasty. All you need is a stock pot, grapeseed oil, organic popcorn, and salt and butter (optional).

Heat 3 tablespoons of oil over medium heat, add 1/3 cup of popcorn and let it pop. We add sea salt and organic butter, but it is good without it. Yummy.

Photobucket

Do you have any suggestions for easy, healthy lunch ideas? It seems to be the hardest meal for us.
Photobucket

No comments: